- Seneca was getting out of the canned fruit business and closing it’s 2 million square foot fruit processing and canning facility.
- The plant was one of the largest single location fruit processing and packaging operations in the world.
- The real estate was being sold. All equipment needed to be removed and the plant needed to be restored for the new owner.
- Seneca contracted with Schneider Restoration on a turnkey basis to manage all aspects of the project including:
- Managing a five-day auction event consisting of almost five thousand pieces of equipment used for fruit receiving, processing, packaging, and plant support.
- Rigging and transportation of Seneca’s internal transfers and sold equipment to buyers.
- Demolition and Restoration of the process floors, all cooling and all packaging rooms.
- Scrapping of unsaleable items
Seneca was able to have this project completed without any cost. At the end of the project, Schneider Industries returned a clean plant to Seneca along with a check for the equipment sale.
"You and your team have been a pleasure to work with. This was not an easy task and did not fall into your normal scope of work due to the size and timing. Please make certain to direct any future customers who are looking for a reference directly to me. I will have nothing but positive things to say. The easiest thing to do in life is to tell the truth. The truth is easy to repeat over and over!"